In-text citation issues with Peaya Cite in Word 2007

Discuss Peaya Paper and Peaya Paper Web

In-text citation issues with Peaya Cite in Word 2007

Postby nancya on Wed May 09, 2012 7:35 pm

I am using Peaya Cite in a manuscript, and I have stumbled upon an issue that has come up with more than one journal format (both Psychiatry Research and Cell). The journal reference policies state that for articles with 3 or more authors, the first author and et al. can be used for in-text citations. However, Peaya Cite seems to do this on some occasions and then list all of the authors for other in-text citations for the SAME reference (and, there is only one entry for it in the bibliography that Peaya Cite creates at the end of the document, so the program seems to consider it only one reference). This is also not related to the order of presentation of the reference. For example, one reference I have cited several times has 7 authors. At the first citation for this reference in the manuscript, Cite uses the first author et al. formation. Then, at the next citation (in another paragraph), it lists all 7 authors. In this in-text citation, I am citing 3 different references, so I thought that might be creating the difference, but in a later location, this reference is cited again alone, and all 7 authors are still listed.

Any idea why Peaya Cite might switch back and forth between using the et al. format and listing all of the authors for in-text citations of the same reference? This appears to happen with about 3 different references in my manuscript. I'd like to figure out how to make this stop (and for Cite to use the et al. format), since this manuscript has very strict word limits...

Thanks for your help!
nancya

Re: In-text citation issues with Peaya Cite in Word 2007

Postby DionBe on Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:51 pm

I believe this was a bug back in the day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
DionBe

Return to Peaya Paper